The cantons are responsible for issuing instructions to the population. These are broadcast via radio by the NEOC.
The leaflets, distributed throughout the municipalities, may contain the following type of instructions:
- Keep calm!
- Only use the telephone in an emergency!
- Turn off electricity and water.
- Leave your home (on foot) and make your way to the officially designated meeting point.
- Do not walk or drive through flooded zones!
- Listen to the radio and follow the instructions!
Specific information can be found in the leaflet on evacuation in the event of a water alert in your municipality.